Posts Tagged Gym
Today is the last day of vacation for me before going back to work. I went to the gym this afternoon and did a NROLW workout. I haven’t mentioned it, but our gym is being completely renovated and is a disaster area right now, in fact all but two of the treadmills that I have seen are in pieces and stored in a squash court! On the plus side, the weight room has been completely revamped and moved to a bigger space (the former basketball courts) and all the equipment has been replaced. There are two new squat racks, all new dumbbells and tons of new machines. I haven’t figured out where everything is yet, but there seems to be ample supply of everything, including several new cable machines. I can’t wait till the renovations are completed, it’s really going to be fantastic!
After getting back from the gym, I took Tara for an hour long walk. I only intended to take her for a short walk, but she was being really good and there was no one else around, so I took advantage of the quiet and just kept going. I really should have turned it into a run, but it was nice to just walk after the weight workout this morning. I have really lost a tremendous amount of strength, so even going back to my starting weights is tough. I’ve been quite sore the past few days. I think my body will adjust fairly quickly, and regain recovery ability. I’m hoping a yoga session tomorrow morning will help. Even though I’m dreading the early wake up call to go back to work after a week and a half off, I’m planning to do 20-30 minutes of yoga before I leave the house. It should loosen me up a bit, my quads and hamstrings are especially tight right now. After work, I’ll take Tara for a short run as long as it is not raining.
My goals for this week and month are still in the development phase (read: I haven’t thought about them much till this moment), so I reserve the right to modify these a bit over the next couple of days.
Goals for January 3 – 9, 2011
1. Do at least two NROLW workouts and three if I can fit it in
2. Run three times of at least 3 miles each
3. Pack a bag to go to the gym after work on Tuesday and Thursday
4. Buy a new suit for my interview for veterinary school next weekend
5. Blog at least three times
6. Cook dinner Monday through Thursday
7. Research and preparation for my interview
I think that will do it for this week. I completely forgot my interview is next weekend!! I’ll be traveling Saturday through Monday, and I’m sure I’ll be very nervous and stressed toward the end of the week, so apologies in advance if I disappear for a short bit. I’m going to keep details of where I’m interviewing off the blog for now, but I’ll update when I hear final decisions on all the schools if I am accepted.
Goals for January
1. Rework my training plan through June planning around the Charlottesville Half-Marathon and Smith Mountain Lake Sprint Triathlon and register for both of these races if feasible (SML Sprint Tri may not work with exams for classes next semester)
2. Update personal paperwork and register for classes for the spring semester
3. Cook healthy dinners on at least 10 week nights
4. Do 30 minutes of yoga each week
5. Try one new recipe this month
I’m going to try something new with my goals so that I don’t forget about them and just throw them out the window. My plan is to write them down and stick them in my planner ala Goals for the Week so that I see them every day. Have a great week!