Hi! It was strange being back at work this week after working from home all last week! I’ve got several projects that are keeping me pretty busy right now, so work has been slightly stressful. Not so much that I’m losing sleep over anything though! I had an easy week for run training this week, just 4 miles each on Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday also included four 2:00 aerobic intervals. I felt pretty good for both runs, both were done at a slightly faster than 10 minute mile pace overall. This weekend I have a personal 5k planned for tomorrow and 6-8 miles on Sunday. The heart rate stats include warm-up and cool-down.
Tuesday Run Heart Rate:
Duration – 47:15
Average Heart Rate – 171
Maximum Heart Rate – 194
Calories – 520
Thursday Run Heart Rate:
Average Heart Rate – 161
Maximum Heart Rate – 182
Calories – 565
I was supposed to start NROLW Stage 5 on Monday, but it started to snow again Monday afternoon and I didn’t want to drive in case it accumulated. So, I didn’t end up starting workout A until Tuesday. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to finish it until today! I did the A and B exercises on Tuesday and the rest today. We had a very busy social life this week, and had friends over for dinner on Monday and Wednesday, and Curtis’s dad stayed with us on Tuesday night. Then Thursday nights I have limited time because I have dog training with Tara. Thank goodness I have off work on Fridays now! I really need them to get things done!
This stage of NROLW is a repeat of an earlier stage, but with less repetitions and more sets. Here’s the workout…
A. One-armed dumbbell snatch – 3 sets of 4 reps @ 20 lbs, 120s RI
B1. Dumbbell single-leg Romanian deadlift – 3 sets of 4 reps @ 30 lbs DBs, 120s RI
B2. Barbell bent over row – 3 sets of 4 reps @ 85 lbs, 120s RI
C1. Dumbbell single arm overhead squat – 3 sets of 4 reps (each arm) @ 12.5 lbs/15lbs and 25 lbs or 30 lbs DBs, 120s RI
C2. Dumbbell incline bench press – 3 sets of 4 reps @ 25 lbs DBs, 120s RI
D1. Plank – 3 sets of 120s, 120s RI
D2. Reverse Wood Chop – 3 sets of 4 reps @ plate 4, 120s RI
Body Weight Matrix (2 sets)
12 lunges (each leg)
12 lunge jumps (each leg)
24 squat jumps
As always, that Body Weight Matrix business is tough. I did the first set in 2:25, rested for 4:50 and then did the second set in 3:15. I had to sit down for a bit after completing the second set. Whew! I need to increase weight almost across the board. I think I can go up on A, C1, C2, and possibly D2. Of course, since I split the workout in half, I’ll probably find that the weights I used to day are more than enough for next time.
Heart Rate Stats for Tuesday weights (A-B2):
Duration – 34:16
Average Heart Rate – 151
Maximum Heart Rate – 180
Calories – 195
Heart Rate Stats for Thursday weights (C1-Body Weight Matrix and stretching):
Duration – 1:00:38
Average Heart Rate – 119
Maximum Heart Rate – 180
Calories – 336
I think it will be helpful for me to check-in throughout the month on my monthly goals. I intended to do this at the end of last week, but clearly that didn’t happen! Better late than never…here goes.
1. Run a total of 60 miles by the end of the month. (Exercise tracker should reach 110 miles). I am definitely on track to reach this goal. Already at 94.9 miles and I’m confident I can finish another 15 miles by the end of the month.
2. Workout (weights/running/cross training) at least 4 times per week. Despite the snow, I actually think I met this one every week this month so far. I did four workouts the first week, five the second week, and have done three so far this week, with 2 more planned this weekend.
3. Use bike trainer at least once! Done! I did this last week on Wednesday during the second snow storm.
4. Focus on nutrition this month by counting calories for one continuous week, starting 2/15/2010. I haven’t done too well with counting calories this week, so I’m going to keep it up for next week. Mostly, I can keep track during the day, but I found dinners to be difficult this week because we had company twice and ate out once.
5. Go on one of the running club runs or join the triathlon club. Nope, not done either or made an effort to do either…I need to work on this.
6. Blog more than once a week! I actually set this goal after the first week of the month was over. Since then, I have met this goal on the second week. I need to blog at least one more time this weekend to meet it for this week. I should mention that my weeks run Monday-Sunday for training purposes.
There’s more snow in the forecast for Monday. It’s not supposed to be too bad though. I hope that’s true because I’m ready to be done with snow now!