Wow! I got my first ever blog award from Ginesa over at Destination : Athlete. Thanks, Ginesa! The rules for the award are:
1. Copy the image and display it on your blog.
2. List 10 things that make you happy.
3. Try to do at least one of them today.
4. Pass on the award to 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
Ten things that make me happy are:
1. My husband, Curtis – he’s my best friend!
2. My pets, Suli (cat) and Tara (dog) – they never cease to amuse me with their crazy antics.
3. Finishing a race – the feeling of elation will never get old.
4. Cooking for friends – sharing a meal with others always makes me happy.
5. Running in the springtime – early morning, cool breezes and new spring flowers!
6. Weight training – it’s such an exhilarating feeling to be strong!
7. Swimming in open water – a challenge, but always a pleasure.
8. My friends – no drama during wedding planning- ’nuff said.
9. Bloggers! – for the constant motivation and encouragement.
10. Athletic gear – can’t be a triathlete without a little love for my bike, etc!
I’m only passing it along to 4 bloggers, though (I hope the blog-award police don’t come after me!):
2. Donna at Ride (or Tri!) Like a Girl!
3. Beth at Life after 40
4. Tricia at Endurance Isn’t Only Physical
Now, back to my regularly scheduled training for the day. I had on my plan to do 3 miles, 2 x [2:00, 3:00, 4:00] aerobic intervals, 2 miles today. I did most of it…6.2 miles running total – 3 miles, 2 x [2:00, 3:00, 4:00], 0.5 mile. My excuses for not doing the run are that I was incredibly bored on the treadmill today- watching constant snow storm coverage just wasn’t doing it for me! It was also nearly 6:00PM and I wanted to shower and get home soon since the 2nd major snow storm of the week was rolling in. Anyways, total duration on the treadmill was 81 minutes (including warm-up and cool down). I did wear my heart rate monitor today, so I have stats, which I will update at a later date (my HRM is downstairs and I am already upstairs and in bed).
Heart Rate stats:
Duration: 1:13:44 (this is slightly less than the treadmill time listed above because I forgot to start my watch at the beginning of my workout)
Maximum heart rate: 193
Average heart rate: 174
Overall, I did not feel great on this run. I’m getting really tired of running on the treadmill and really annoyed with the snow. Virginia doesn’t usually get more than one major snowstorm per year (at the most!) and we’re having our 3rd as I type. It’s crazy how much snow we’ve gotten this year. The running trails are somewhat passable, but I just know I slip and fall on the ice and probably do more harm than good trying to run outside. Can’t wait for spring!